Girls & Boys Soccer Sectional at Knightstown
Knightstown High School is pleased to host the 2020 IHSAA Girls & Boys Soccer Sectional.
LOCATION: Don Willard Field at Knightstown High School
Tuesday 10/6 at 5pm Boys Game 1: Wapahani vs Union County
Tuesday 10/6 at 7pm Girls Game 1: Muncie Burris vs Wapahani
Wednesday 10/7 at 5pm Boys Game 2: Centerville vs Seton Catholic
Wednesday 10/7 at 7pm Boys Game 3: Knightstown vs Winner Game 1
Thursday 10/8 at 5pm Girls Game 2: Centerville vs Union County
Thursday 10/8 at 7pm Girls Game 3: Knightstown vs Winner Game 1
Saturday 10/10 at 2pm Girls Game 4: Game 2 Winner vs Game 3 Winner
Saturday 10/10 at 7pm Boys Game 4: Game 2 Winner vs Game 3 Winner
*First team listed is visiting team and will wear white uniforms*
AWARDS: A trophy shall be awarded by the IHSAA to the winning team.
ADMISSION: $6 per session. There will be no all session tickets available this year. Please note, two separate tickets will be needed for boys and girls tourney. They are NOT interchangeable.
REMINDER: Balloons, banners and/or posters, etc. are not permitted, and no battery-powered or electronic noise-makers, sirens or whistles are allowed.
Knightstown High School will hold its football and soccer games on the grounds of Don Willard Field. Below, we would like to outline proper steps to ensure guidelines are being met to keep our student-athletes, workers, and spectators safe.
ALL SPECTATORS, WORKERS, MEDIA MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING. ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL ONLY WILL BE REQUIRED ON THE FIELD. NO MEDIA OR PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL BE PERMITTED INSIDE THE FENCED AREA. YOU MUST HAVE A FIELD PASS TO BE INSIDE THE FENCE
- The main ticket entrance will be utilized for all home contests. All ticket workers will wear proper PPE (mask and gloves) at all times.
- We will have markings on the asphalt by the main ticket entrance asking spectators to adhere to social distancing policies.
- We ask that the designated visiting team please sit on the visiting side of the bleachers, unless playing KHS.
- Team personnel ONLY will be allowed inside the fenced area with a field pass that will be given upon arrival. No media, parents, or non-essential personnel will be allowed inside the fenced area.
- All concession workers will wear proper PPE (mask and gloves) at all times.
- We will add a second concession venue on the visiting side of the facility for Varsity football games.
- Concession workers handling money will NOT be in contact with food.
- ALL food will be pre-packaged or pre-prepared
- Hot dogs/Pork burgers will be grilled and wrapped in foil before being stored in a cooler
- Nachos will be bagged chips and pre-prepared cheese cups with a lid
- Popcorn will be bagged and stapled shut once filled
- Pretzels will be bagged and stapled shut once filled.
- There will be no salt or cinnamon sugar offered
- Condiments will be individual packets, not shareable to avoid contact
SEATING/ADDITIONAL FACILITIES PROVIDED
- Coaches, Managers, and Student-Athletes not engaged in a physical activity (on the sidelines, timeouts, etc) are encouraged to wear a face covering
- Home fans will sit in the home side of the bleachers, visiting fans will sit in the visiting side of the bleachers for all outdoor contests.
- In year’s prior, only home side was used for soccer. KHS will occupy the home stands when playing.
- For ALL contests, portable restrooms and hand washing stations will be provided on the visiting side of the facility and one behind the student section on home side.