2018 IHSAA BOYS’ BASEBALL SECTIONAL #42
Place: Heritage Christian Baseball Stadium
Teams: Heritage Christian, Scecina Memorial, Irvington Prep, Knightstown, Triton Central and Eastern Hancock
Brackets: Game 1 – Wednesday, May 23rd – Eastern Hancock vs. Triton Central at 5:00 pm
Game 2 – Wednesday, May 23rd – Heritage Christian vs. Irvington Prep at 7:00 pm
Game 3- Thursday, May 24th – Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2 at 5:00 pm
Game 4- Thursday, May 24th – Knightstown vs. Scecina Memorial at 7:00 pm
Game 5: Monday, May 28th -Winner of Game 4 vs. Winner of Game 3 at 12:00pm
Home Team: The second named team in each bracket will be the home team. Exception: In six‐team sectionals, the teams drawing the bye will play in the second semifinal game (Game 4) and will be the visitor in the championship game. The home team will have the choice of dugout except when participating against the host school.
Admission: Session – $6.00 Tournament – $10.00
Complimentary Tickets: Each school shall receive 10 tickets to be used by trainers or administrators. Players and Coaches on buses will not need tickets. These tickets are non-transferable and should not be given out to parents.
Official Baseball: The Wilson A1010 Pro-RS baseball, the official ball of the IHSAA state tournament, will be used
Awards: The sectional champion shall receive a trophy and game ball.
The runner up shall receive a game ball.
Advancement: The winner will advance to play in the Regionals held at Park Tudor on Saturday, June 2nd . The winner of this sectional will face the winner of the Centerville sectional in the second game of the day.
- A concession stand is available during all sessions..
- Restrooms are located in the lobby of the high school gym
- There are no locker rooms available; your team should come dressed to play.
- No one is allowed in the Press Box unless approved by the HCS Athletic Director.
- The HCS trainer will be available for medical assistance.
- Please remind your students and parents that banners, signs, noisemakers, balloons or decorations are not allowed at the tournament site.
- Team buses should park in our main lot as they enter the main gate.
- Admission will be collected as cars enter the main gate.
- In the case of inclement weather; the contests will be played or resumed on the next available date. Suspended contests will be resumed at the point of interruption.