Girls Tennis Tournament
DATE: Saturday, May 12, 2018 Rounds 1,2 and 3
Monday, May 14, 2018 Championship Round
PLACE: Centerville High School Round 1-2-3
Centerville High School Championship Round
TIMES: Saturday, May 12, 2018 Seeding————-8:00 a.m.
Monday, May 14, 2018 Championship—-5:00 p.m.
1. The tournament shall consist of three (3) singles and two (2) doubles.
2. Coaches will turn in the tournament line-up prior to the seeding discussion. The line up shall be in the position played most in regularly scheduled conference
matches during the season. A player may not be seeded if they have not played in the same position for a minimum of four (4) Tri Eastern Conference matches
or half of the T.E.C. season matches that have thus been played. Players may not be stacked in singles or doubles.
3. Drawing and seedings will be made at 8:00a.m. on May 12, 2018. Coaches and team members should arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. Competition shall begin
promptly at 8:45 a.m. Championship matches should begin at 5:00 on Monday Sept. 25, 2017.
4. Five (5) players in singles and five (5) teams in doubles will be seeded.
5. Each match will consist of the best (2) out of three (3) sets. A twelve point tie-breaker will be in effect for all sets of any match going to a 6-6 tie.
6. Warm-up time will be of ten-minute duration. This will include practice serves.
7. Each first round winner will receive (3) points. The second round winner will receive five (5) points. The championship will receive an additional seven (7) points. The team finishing with the most points at the end of the tournament will be the champion. The feed in matches will get (0) points. Each of these feed in matches will play a 10 game pro set.
8. Each division winner will receive a conference medallion at the tournament site.
9. Each coach is to bring one dozen new, top grade yellow tennis balls. New balls for each match, and new balls for a third set will be used.
10. Each coach should bring one dry-roll with you in case of rain.
11. Proper tennis etiquette will be practiced at all times. No shouting, racket throwing, abuse of tennis balls or net, or abusive language will be allowed.
A warning will be issues to all players prior to the first matches. Later it will be the form of a point, then game, and finally match. In case of a rain out
on Saturday, the tournament will begin at 4:30 p.m. on the following Monday and continue until a point we can finish on Tuesday.
12. Substitution rule will follow sectional format in case of injury.
Use Tri Eastern Conference records as first criteria.
- Use head to head competition during conference play as next criteria.
- Use head to head competition during non-conference play such as a tournament play during the season.
- Common opponent that both have played during the current season
- Coaches Vote All Coaches Vote
- Coin Flip