Boys Junior Varsity Tennis, Boys Varsity Tennis · Panther Tennis celebrates Senior Night with a win over Union City 4-1

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

4:30 PM

Union City Community High School
Knightstown High School

Meet Recap

IMG_5485The Panther tennis team had another good outing against a TEC conference opponent, beating Union City 4-1 in their final homestand. Tonight was Senior Night, and our four graduating seniors and their parents were recognized on court before the event. Collin Ferree, Dallas Edwards, Jarred Porter and Craig Trott played their final high school tennis match at home.

Union City brought an experienced team to Knightstown, with five of their seven varsity spots filled by Seniors, but the Panthers took care of their home court . AJ Dalton started the Panthers off with a victory at #1 Singles, winning in three sets 6-3, 4-6, 6-0. Garrett Dalton followed up with a convincing victory at #2 Singles, winning 6-3, 6-0. Jarred Porter celebrated Senior Night, winning #3 Singles 6-1, 6-0.

Seniors Collin Ferree and Dallas Edwards had a great night, winning #1 Doubles 6-0, 6-2. Edwards finished the evening finalizing the victory by smashing an overhead winning shot that bounced all the way off the court and landed in the cornfield. The Panthers Varsity match finished reminding us of an old phrase “all good things must come to an end”. Ethan Yoder and Dylan Chandler, undefeated on the season, lost the #2 Doubles Court in a 2 1/2 hour battle, snapping their winning streak at 15 in a row. Their final score was 5-7, 7-6, 8-10 in a third set sudden-death tiebreak. Normally, the match would have gone on to a fall third set, but we ran out of daylight. This brought the varsity team to a 4-1 victory for the evening.

Cooper Davis and Brady Howell both won their JV matches, 6-3 and 6-4. Not only is the JV team undefeated, Cooper Davis posted a season record of 12-0.

The final TEC conference match is tomorrow at Winchester, where the Panthers have a chance to finish as the undisputed champion. The match is a continuation from a rained out last week where the match was halted after 25 minutes.