2016 Twenty-first Annual
Date: Thursday, September 1
Time: 5:30 pm
Location: Hamilton Heights – Course located between the Elementary and Primary Buildings on State Road 19, south of the High School.
There will be restrooms available on the north east side of the K-2 building.
We ask each school to please make sure your team has all its belongings and trash picked up before leaving. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping the course, school, and nature area clean.
Burris (Muncie), Clinton Central, Elwood, Knightstown, Lapel, Pendleton Heights, Shenandoah, Sheridan, Taylor, University, Western Boone, Hamilton Heights.
- 4:45 p.m. Complete check-in; course walk-through
- 5:30 p.m. Boy’s varsity race
- 6:00 p.m. Girl’s varsity race
- 6:30 p.m. Reserve race (boy’s and girl’s combined)
- Awards presentation will begin immediately following the conclusion of final race.
The course is flat and runs through woods and open soccer fields. Runners will be allowed to wear shoes with spikes.
Have your athletes warm up and cool down on the school grounds away from the course while the races are in progress.
All contestants from one team must wear identical uniforms. No sun visors, sweat bands, caps, and/or hats shall be worn during the race.
- Team trophies will be awarded to the winning boy’s and girl’s teams.
- First place runner shall receive a trophy
- Second place runner will receive a silver medal
- Runners 3 through 15 will receive bronze medals
- Runners 15 through 30 will receive ribbons.