2016 IHSAA BOYS SECTIONAL TRACK MEET
THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2016 Mt. VERNON HIGH SCHOOL
- RULES: Please consult IHSAA Bulletin #3, Vol. 112, Spring 2015-16.
- TEAMS PARTICIPATING: Anderson, Anderson Prep, Blue River Valley, Daleville, Eastern Hancock, Knightstown, Lapel, Lawrence North, Liberty Christian, Mt. Vernon, New Castle, Pendleton Heights, Shenandoah
- TIME SCHEDULE:
5:00 PM – Coaches Scratch Meeting in Film Room.
5:30 PM – Field Events Begin
6:15 PM – 3200 Relay Finals
Running Event Time Trials (100 M Dash, 110 High Hurdles, 200 M Dash)
7:00 PM – National Anthem
7:05 PM – Running Event Finals Begin
- ORDER OF EVENTS:
Field Events- All field events will begin at 5:30 p.m. with the exception of shot put, which will begin immediately after the conclusion of the discus competition.
Running Events Finals
- Boys 110 M High Hurdles 6. Boys 300 Intermediate Hurdles
- Boys 100 M Dash 7. Boys 800 M Run
- Boys 1600 M Run 8. Boys 200 M Dash
- Boys 400 M Relay 9. Boys 3200 M Run
- Boys 400 M Dash 10. Boys 1600 M Relay
- TIMING: Finishlynx Timing System
- TRACK SPECIFICATIONS – The Mt. Vernon track is an all-weather
surface. This is a softer surface than many tracks and only flats or 1/4” spikes
will be permitted. Hex-head and 3/8” spikes are not acceptable. The field event
runways and the high jump surface are made of the same material as the track
itself. This is an eight lane track with ten lanes on the straight-away.
- STARTING BLOCKS – We will not provide starting blocks available for all
contestants. Schools must bring their own blocks.
- TEAM AREAS – Teams are requested to set up camps on the grounds outside
the track area. No teams on the football field please. Coaches interested in getting accurate times on their contestants, we recommend that you locate near the south end of the bleachers so that you have a good view of the finish line. Coaches are required to stay out of the infield area. Field Events start at 5:30 PM and all coaches should be out of the infield by 5:45 PM. Please cooperate in this matter.
- CLERK-OF-COURSE – Entrants shall report to the north end of the straight-away to the clerk-of-course by the second call in their event. The check-in for the 300 Meter Hurdles will be at the 300 Meter Hurdles starting line. Those contestants not reporting shall be scratched.
- SCORING – Eight places will be scored (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 respectively) in all
events including relays. In case of a tie for first place in the finals, 2 ribbons will be awarded. Points will be divided equally in all ties.
- PRESS BOX- Only personnel working the track meet may be in the press box.
- ADMISSION – Only qualified contestants in uniform, 1 student manager, 2 coaches, the principal, and the athletic director may gain admittance by signing in at the gate. Admission for all other spectators will be $6.00.
- REGIONAL QUALIFIERS- First, second and third place finishers in all events qualify for the Regional. In addition, any individual or relay team meeting the 3 Participant Standard in the sectional finals of their event will advance to the Regional.