TIGER BOOSTER INVITATIONAL TRACK MEET
Participants: Blue River, Centerville, Hagerstown, Knightstown, Lincoln, Northeastern, Shenandoah, & Tri
We are looking forward to the Tiger Booster Invitational Track Meet on Friday, May 6, 2016. All field events will begin at 5:15 p.m., Girls 3200 Relay at 5:30 p.m., Trials at 6:00 p.m., and the finals at 7:00 p.m.
***Please note that our football field and locker rooms are undergoing renovations and the availability of those is not known at this time. Please plan to have your buses available in the event of bad weather. We will also announce a new location for coaches meeting if necessary. The location of the clerk of course will be announced in the scratch/coaches meeting in the event that we have to move it off of the football field.
We have an eight lane, all-weather 400 Meter Track with all-weather for the field events with an exception of the shot put and disc (concrete).
The following regulations will be enforced:
- ¼ inch or less spikes or flats only.
- Tape may not be placed on the all-weather surface.
- The surface may not be scuffed or marked for a takeoff point.
- Shot Put and Discus will be weighed and measured at entrance to west locker room. Illegal implements will be impounded with pick-up after meet.
- Participants must wear unaltered meet numbers and report to the clerk of the course on time.
- Failure to adhere to the above regulations may result in disqualification.
COACH AND TEAM AREA:
Bleacher areas, East or West. Warm-up on the east straight. No shot or discus should be inside the track area. ALL COACHES, CONTESTANTS, AND SPECTATORS MUST STAY OUT OF THE INFIELD AT ALL TIMES.
The following procedures will govern the meet:
- No contestant may enter or participate in more than 4 events, including relays.
- Each school may enter 2 participants, and an alternate in each event, and eight individuals in a relay.
- COACHES MEETING will be held at 4:30 p.m. Girls coaches will meet in the East locker room. Boys coaches will meet in the West locker room. NO changes will be made after 5:00 p.m.
- Trials will be held in the 100, 200, high hurdles.
FAT Timing Finals – Top 2 and next 4 fastest times to finals.
- The pole vault will not be contested.
- The starting height for high jump will be determined in the coaches meetings. Girls will jump first, followed by the Boys.
- Each participant will be given 3 trials in the shot put, long jump, and discus with the top 9 individuals advancing to the Finals, where they will get 3 trials. THE INSPECTOR OF IMPLEMENTS WILL WEIGH THE SHOT PUT AND DISC AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE WEST LOCKER ROOM AT 4:30 P.M. IMPOUNDED IMPLEMENTS MAY BE PICKED UP FOLLOWING THE MEET.
Boys and girls will both throw first in the discus and second in the shot.
Boys will jump first in the long jump, followed by girls.
- Scoring will be 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 in individual events and relays.
- The 200 M dash and 300 M hurdles will be run around the curve from a staggered start.
- A two curve staggered start will be used in the 400 M and 400 M Relay. A three curve stagger will be used in the 1600 Relay.
- A one curve, alley start will be used in the 800 M.
- The arc start will be used in the 1600 and 3200 M.
- There will be two races in the 300 intermediate and low hurdles, and the 400 M dash, with places being determined by times.
- Field events will be conducted in flights.
- The following will be the order of events:
4:30 Coaches meeting Boys coaches in the WEST dressing room.
Girls coaches in the EAST dressing room.
5:00 All scratches are final
5:15 Field events begin
5:30 Girls 3200 Relay
Boys 3200 Relay
6:00 Girls 100 M Dash Trials
Boys 100 M Dash Trials
Girls 100 M Low Hurdles Trials
Boys 110 M High Hurdles Trials
Girls 200 M Dash Trials
Boys 200 M Dash Trials
6:45 National Anthem
7:00 Finals Begin
Girls 100 M High Hurdles
Boys 110 M High Hurdles
Girls 100 M Dash
Boys 100 M Dash
Girls 1600 M Run
Boys 1600 M Run
Girls 400 M Relay
Boys 400 M Relay
Girls 400 M Dash Two heats with placings based on time.
Boys 400 M Dash Two heats with placings based on time.
Girls 300 M Low Hurdles Two heats with placings on time.
Boys 300 M Int Hurdles Two heats with placings on time.
Girls 800 M Run
Boys 800 M Run
Girls 200 M Dash
Boys 200 M Dash
Girls 3200 M Run
Boys 3200 M Run
Girls 1600 M Relay
Boys 1600 M Relay
- Awards: Ribbons to 1st through 8th
Medals to Individual Champions.
PLAQUES to RECORD BREAKERS.
PLAQUES to INDIVIDUAL HIGH SCORERS.
TROPHIES to CHAMPION TEAMS AND COMBINED TEAMS